Friday 10 July 2015

First Impressions on W7

Recently, I was shopping in the drugstore and I came across this brand of cosmetics called W7 that I had never seen before. I asked the shop assistant about it and she told me it is a brand from the UK. You see, the reason I was so interested in this brand was because everything was $5! So naturally a picked up a few different products to give them a try.



The first thing I bought was the 'Lashtastic mascara' in black. The bristles are fairly short and taper slightly towards the end, allowing you to easily build up to the amount of product you like to wear. This brush is very similar to the 'Lashblast Fusion mascara' by Covergirl, but I have found that it creates more volume with each stroke when compared to the Covergirl mascara. The only downside with this product is that it can sometimes cause your to lashes stick together instead of separating them. But, if you are looking for a slightly cheaper Covergirl dupe then this mascara is the one.





My second purchase from W7 was the 'London Eyes Eye Shadow Palette'. After the results from their 'Lashtastic mascara' I had fairly high hopes for this eye shadow. Unfortunately, this product is more on the flaky side and it isn't as pigmented as I would have liked. Also, I found that when applying this eye shadow quite a lot of it spills (but maybe that's just because I need a better primer). However, with careful application this eye shadow can be built up to the desired amount.

Overall, I am quite happy with the results from this brand and, if I can ever find it again, will definitely try some of their other products.

No comments:

Post a Comment